Bronco Blazer

• May 25Have a wonderful summer!!!

• May 25We will be back in the fall with more Bronco News!

• May 14Yearbooks are sold out! Pre-order your book next year to guarantee a copy!

Varsity Girls Soccer vs. Dulles High School

On January 24, 2018, the girls Varsity team played against Dulles High School in the first district game, but unfortunately Bush lost with a score of 2-1. They gave it their best but in the end it wasn’t enough. A few players had a few words to say about the game.

Junior, Daisy Mayorga talks about what happened in the game.

“The game started well, we had possession of the ball majority of the time. After receiving a free kick from a foul placed on one of our girls, one of our captains, Viviana Cruz, took the free kick, landing near Captain Johanna Diaz, who scored for us, we ended the half 1-0. Second half was a bit more harsh. Dulles was aggravated and started to play dirty, hitting and pulling our ladies. Dulles scored. After this hard half and several attempts at another goal, we ended 2-1 with our first district loss,” said Mayorga.

Sophomore, Nathalie Hernandez expresses how she feels being on the team.

“I feel very proud of myself, I have always wanted to be on varsity as a freshman and I knew in order to accomplish my goal I had to work for it, so that’s exactly what I did. The game was definitely intense,a highlight of the game would probably be how we scored a goal. I think the team could work on how to work together on the field and to communicate better. I have very high hopes for this season and I believe that it’s going to be a good season for everyone,” said Hernandez.

Junior, Emma Larios talks about the highlights of the game.

“Highlights were Johanna’s goal and our goalie saving more than 20 attempts at goals. We definitely have to work on trusting each other and communicating during the game. But slowly and surely we are molding together as a team,” said Larios.

The Bronco girls Varsity team worked very hard this game, and hopefully will get a win soon. Show up and show out at their next game against Hightower on Friday, January 26.

-V.N.