Bronco Blazer

• November 2Congratulations to our Teacher of the Year finalists: Ms. Chaves, Ms. Mack-Williams, and Ms. McCartney!

• October 29Buy your yearbook today! Go to www.balfour.com and search for George Bush High School.

• August 21Pre-order your yearbook to guarantee a copy! Go to www:balfour.com today!

iFest

Back to Article
Back to Article

iFest

On Friday, January 26, 2018, George Bush High School hosted its second annual iFest. Students from other high schools, including Bush’s very own, and even some of the teachers showed off their amazing skills and talents. The show kicked off with an introduction from the night’s host, Jordan Okeke. The Yosakoi Dance Troupe- “Hanakoi,” danced to traditional Japanese songs. Then, Jan Michael Calijig, did a dance solo to a Korean Pop mashup. After that, Mr. Richard Flato, a U.S. History teacher, sang “Hay Libertad,” “I Will Not Be Moved,” and “Broken Halos” while he played the guitar. Next, the Integrated Physics and Chemistry and Aquatic Science teacher, Mr. Osaro Derrick, sang “A Change is Going to Come.” The Latino Club put on a Quinceañera Fashion show showing off traditional dresses worn. After a brief intermission, Lance Sy-Changco, performed a hilarious stand up comedy act followed by a dance to Korean Pop Mashup by Seoul Dream. After that, Kemi Odufowokan, sang “Fia” a Nigerian song, and later, Black Crowns, a Hip Hop dance group danced to a hip hop mashup of today’s hits. German folk dancers danced to the traditional German songs, “Andorfer,” “Gamssprung,” and “Untersteirer Ländler.” Near the end, Pedro Puente, did a solo dance to Teamin, “Goodbye”. The show ended with a Nigerian Dance to a Nigerian mashup by Bush’s African Student Association.

By I.B.