Bronco Blazer

• September 6We're back with more Bronco News!

• August 21Welcome back!!! We hope you have a wonderful school year!

• August 21Pre-order your yearbook to guarantee a copy! Go to www:balfour.com today!

See Something, Say Something

On Monday, March 5, 2018 and Wednesday, March 7, 2018, Superintendent Charles E. Dupre  sat down with students and staff of Fort Bend ISD to discuss what everyone can do to effectively prevent school shootings and other school related incidents.

The phrase “If you see something, say something” has been heard throughout the district. While many students ignore this statement, it should be more taken more seriously. In many of the school shootings within the last year, the students have made comments to the media of how things are off about the shooter. If those students would have reported information to authorities, then the tragic events could have been prevented.

Students have the capability of reaching out and reporting incidents in advance, but many students want to remain anonymous. There is a website and papers posted throughout the school to report anonymously.

http://www.fortbend.crimestoppersweb.com/sitemenu.aspx?ID=536&

Bush has ways to prepare for incidents of all kind. There are multiple drills practiced each month to prepare. In case of a real emergency, students need to take the drills seriously to know what to do.

“Our school is protected and I’m really grateful for that. We need to look out for each other. We have places to report things and other schools don’t. We have drills we practice and teachers that go over them in class so everyone knows what to do.” said, Junior Eryln Martes.

Contacting School Representatives with concerns about how schools are managed and drill procedures is also a effective way to prevent and prepare for school related incidents. Contact information can be found on the Fort Bend ISD website.

By C.S.