• October 24Buy your Yearbook today! Go to www.balfour.com.

• September 24Buy your yearbook today. Go to www.balfour.com

• September 24Buy your Yearbook today! Go to www.balfour.com

Advice for soon to be Sophomores

The school year’s almost over and the curtain of your first year in this place begins to fall. I’m sure you’ve gone through your own ups and downs by now and gotten the taste of high school, or maybe you haven’t been paying attention in class and have made a complete mess of your grades at this point just as many, including myself, did before. What most freshman don’t realize is that freshman year is a very crucial year, it is basically the foundation for the rest of your high school career. If you’ve spent most of your freshman year goofing around, or even if you haven’t, don’t take these next three years as a joke. Make sure to stay on top of your work and don’t let it overflow you because when you have too much work you don’t feel like doing any of it at all. Take it from someone who spent all four years slacking and goofing around and letting the work pile on and on, if you wait till the last second to try to get everything in order and get your grades good its going to be very tough and stressing for you and you wont have the relaxing senior year that most seniors have.

Its not that hard to stay on track with your work, if you have trouble remembering assignment or project due dates then keep a planner or write it down on your phone. As long as you’re turning in your work, even if you’re putting in minimal effort, you’ll stay on track with where you need to be so don’t be discouraged, sometimes school gets tiring and stressful and you just want to take a break from it and slack of a bit, everyone done it before, but just make sure you don’t slack off too much to where it affects your grades badly. Keep those grades up soon to be Sophomores!

By C.S.