Bronco Blazer

• May 25Have a wonderful summer!!!

• May 25We will be back in the fall with more Bronco News!

• May 14Yearbooks are sold out! Pre-order your book next year to guarantee a copy!

Varsity Track to District

Once again, the Varsity Girls Track Team will be advancing to district! This year, district will be held at Hightower High School at Hall Stadium on April 2nd, 3rd, and 5th. These girls have been practicing and are prepared to compete.

A few of our varsity girls had some input before they head off to district. Junior, Makaylah Halstead, talks about which events she will be running at district.

“This week, I’m competing in the 400, the 800, and the 4 x 400 meter relay. This year, I’ve placed in all of those events, and as for the 4 x 4, we pretty much have gotten 1st, 2nd or 3rd. In the 800 as well as the 400, I’ve placed 2nd. For district, I hope to run my PR’s in all my events, so a 2:14 in the 800, a 56.5 in the 400, and our relay would like to go 3:45 this week,” said Halstead.

Junior, Briana Land, talks about her personal goals and discusses the steps she will take in order to advance to area.

“At district, I will be running the open 200, the 4 x 100 meter relay, and the 4 x 400 meter relay. Really, we’ve always placed in our relays. As for myself, I have placed 6th place overall in the 100 meter dash. Hopefully I make it out of district in the open 200. I want to be at least in the top 3 to advance to area. The team as a whole also wants to place 1st in all of the relays, so the 4 x 1, 4 x 2, and 4 x 4.

Sophomore, Laila Owens, has high hopes for placing at district.

“This year I will be running the 4 x 100 meter relay, 4 x 400 meter relay, and the 400 at district. At our most recent track meet at Rice University, I ran the 400 and I got first place. For the 4 x 1 as well as the 4 x 4, I got 2nd place. At district this year, I hope to place 1st in all three events and also to PR in the 400,” said Owens.

Based off of their outstanding performances throughout the season, the students and staff have no doubt that our Varsity Girls will come back with gold medals and new records. Make sure you show up and show out at Hall Stadium to support our Broncos!

By C.B.