Bronco Blazer

• September 6We're back with more Bronco News!

• August 21Welcome back!!! We hope you have a wonderful school year!

• August 21Pre-order your yearbook to guarantee a copy! Go to www:balfour.com today!

NJROTC Nationals

On April 4 to April 8, 2018, NJROTC went to Navy Nationals. They placed 9th overall, 3rd place in PT, 3rd place in Armed Regulation, 6th place in Armed Regulation, and 6th place in Unarmed Exhibition. Last year they placed 13th in the nation and they have worked very hard to earn their place.

Oscar Santos, Senior, talks about his favorite part of nationals.

“The competitive vibes coming from every corner of the drill deck and the PT field is thrilling and I enjoy being in that type of environment. Everyone is trying to be number one and you can just feel the intensity and see the hard work from every team from all across the country,” said Santos.

Santos won the first place medal in the nation for sit-ups, with 332 sit-ups, he is proud of his accomplishments and shares his thoughts.

“It’s honestly a great feeling. Sometimes during class I would daydream about myself going up to get the first place medal. So it was very surreal when it actually happened. All the hard work, all the days on the mat felt worth it and not wasted in the end. But I’m really happy that I got to represent the battalion as first in the nation,” said Santos.

Matthew Bardalez, Senior, talks about what he wants for the future of the program, since he is graduating.

“For the upcoming years there’s one thing I always pray for and that is that they succeed in are as we failed to by learning from mistakes we made the year before, all while becoming better leaders and people. We practiced more efficiently and tried to correct mistakes we had the year before. I believe next year should do the same,” said Bardalez.

Britney Nguyen, Sophomore, says how they did better compared to last years nationals.

“The individual PT has improved by a lot. The unarmed exhibition for females was more intense compared to last year as well. We could’ve spent more time perfecting our regulation and although the exhibition was good, everyone who was new should’ve learned it earlier and practiced it so there could’ve been more time to practice regulation,” said Nguyen.

By V.N.