Bronco Blazer

• November 2Congratulations to our Teacher of the Year finalists: Ms. Chaves, Ms. Mack-Williams, and Ms. McCartney!

• October 29Buy your yearbook today! Go to www.balfour.com and search for George Bush High School.

• August 21Pre-order your yearbook to guarantee a copy! Go to www:balfour.com today!

Coach Thornton

Erick Young

Coach Thornton is the football defensive coordinator and a health teacher at George Bush High School. Coach is viewed as a father figure by some of the football players and also by some of the students.

Heading into District play, the Broncos are undefeated; his defense has only allowed 50 points in three games, ranking them the number 1 defense in the district. Coach claims that his defense has the potential to be the best to come through Bush. With 2 All American defensive players on paper, his defense is ranked highly, but he claims that on the field and with the other 9 players on the field, we have an All American Defense overall. He calls aggressive plays because he trusts that everyone on defense does their job and it will make his defense successful.

Coach has a simple plan for this season. “STATE,” Coach Thornton said.

Coach Thornton is hungry and anxious for that State title as well as getting past the second round in playoffs. His love and drive for this football team and football overall is unmatched. He is much respected and loved at George Bush High School, home of the Bush Broncos.

By E.Y.