Bronco Blazer

• November 2Congratulations to our Teacher of the Year finalists: Ms. Chaves, Ms. Mack-Williams, and Ms. McCartney!

• October 29Buy your yearbook today! Go to www.balfour.com and search for George Bush High School.

• August 21Pre-order your yearbook to guarantee a copy! Go to www:balfour.com today!

Three Is A Magic Number!

The schedule change that became effective on October 1st, 2018, was unexpected.

With the student population of George Bush High School spiking up to  over 2,450 students, the administrative team decided that having two lunches couldn’t fulfill the safety requirements anymore.

The cafeteria is only meant to hold around 800 people at a time, but with only two lunches,  nearly 1200 students were pushing into each lunch. Having that many people may cause chaos and was already a fire hazard.

Although the main response to the addition of a third lunch is negative, there are still students that understand the fire hazard issues and have quickly adapted to the change of pace.

“I think it’s a good change because the school is getting bigger. Obviously, not everyone is going to agree with it,” Wayne Ellis, senior, said.

Be sure to remember that lunches are now by subject and not by hallway. If you need to double check, ask your fourth or fifth-period teacher to see what lunch you’re supposed to attend.

By T.C.