Bronco Blazer

• November 2Congratulations to our Teacher of the Year finalists: Ms. Chaves, Ms. Mack-Williams, and Ms. McCartney!

• October 29Buy your yearbook today! Go to www.balfour.com and search for George Bush High School.

• August 21Pre-order your yearbook to guarantee a copy! Go to www:balfour.com today!

One of Eight

There are 8 teachers left from the very beginning of Bush HS. One being, Ms. Kathryn Raeke. She went to Texas Tech University and has a bachelors of arts degree in history. She has been teaching for 30 years, currently she teaches AP World History, and periodically she teaches AP European History. She is also the sponsor for the History Club. Before she started at Bush, she taught in Poteet ISD and Boling ISD. She explained what made her stay for all these years.

“Bush gives me an opportunity to teach a diverse group of kids,” Raeke said. “This school is very overlooked, I believe it is highly under rated, and it presents an interesting challenge. I like my coworkers, so I have no reason to leave.”

Raeke describes the change in demographics in the area.

“Bush was originally built to take the overflow of students from Kempner and Austin,” Raeke said. “There were new residential areas built in this neighborhood and it made the area a lot more diverse. Originally the school only had a majority of 3 races and now there are so many different races that makes Bush more interesting.”

Raeke describes how she feels every year at graduation.

“I always see the senior class and ask, what do they have to offer to the world,” Raeke said. “We have had many successful students graduate from Bush. This past year we had someone in an advertisement, it is nice to tell people and show it off.”

By V.N.