Bronco Blazer

• November 2Congratulations to our Teacher of the Year finalists: Ms. Chaves, Ms. Mack-Williams, and Ms. McCartney!

• October 29Buy your yearbook today! Go to www.balfour.com and search for George Bush High School.

• August 21Pre-order your yearbook to guarantee a copy! Go to www:balfour.com today!

Journi Hodge

Journi Hodge is a senior here at Bush, who doesn’t know what it’s like to take a break. For as long as she can remember she’s always been an overachiever. She’s always put her grades first, and she can now see the payoff at the end of her high school career.

“I was in track for years, and I loved it more than anything. Although I’m not in sports anymore, I still participate in extra curricular activities, such as volunteering. I also have a job now working at Hollister,” said Hodge.

She is extremely determined and hard-working. Her determined parents, who have a certain expectation for her grades, do not like anything under an 85. She has been stressed since freshman year, but now loves the slight pressure, as she can confidently say it helped in the long run.

“I know I am going to college, with all of my hard work and putting grades first. College is difficult, but once I get my SAT scores up, I should feel more relaxed about it.” Says Hodge.

By D.R.