Bronco Blazer

• November 16Congratulations to our Teacher of the Year Ms. Mack-Williams!

• October 29Buy your yearbook today! Go to www.balfour.com and search for George Bush High School.

• August 21Pre-order your yearbook to guarantee a copy! Go to www:balfour.com today!

Winter Band Concert

On Thursday, December 6th, 2018, the band had their annual winter concert. While people were walking in, Jazz band played a couple pieces including, “Family Guy,” “Do What Cha’ Wanna Do,” and “Isn’t She Lovely.” The Band performed starting with Concert Band, then Symphonic Band, and to end the concert, Wind Ensemble.  Each band performed 3-4 holiday themed songs, such as “Jingle Bells” and “Jolly Ole St. Nicholas.” Throughout each band’s performance, the people who made region band were announced and congratulated.

Chad Barret, junior, enjoys watching the other bands play.

“I like to see all the time and effort come to a wonderful conclusion,” Barret said. “The band is like my family and watching the other bands play is like watching my family members put on their own show.  It’s a great thing to see because the success they have is shared with the whole program.”

Andy Nguyen, senior, explains the significance of this concert to him.

“It was very special to me; it’s one of the last times that I will ever perform with the people I love and adore,” Nguyen said. “I know that I wont be able to live these moments much longer so with the time I do have, I like to spend it making memories with them.”

For seniors, this will be their last winter band concert. Nguyen talks about the impact that band has had on his life.

“Band helped me become a part of something and feel a sense of belonging,” Nguyen said. “We spend so much time together that it is hard not to make friends. Many of the friends I have now have helped shape my character to become the loving person I am today. It’s not so much the band that changed me, but the people in it that I care about.”

By V.N.