Bronco Blazer

• We have fewer than 80 yearbooks available. Buy yours today at www.balfour.com!

• Buy your yearbook today! Go to www.balfour.com and search for George Bush High School.

• Pre-order your yearbook to guarantee a copy! Go to www:balfour.com today!

Boys Varsity Basketball Vs. Travis Tigers

On Friday, January 18th, 2019 at Wheeler Field House, the varsity boys basketball team locked in to play our rivals,  the Travis Tigers, in an intense showdown.

The Bush Broncos came out on top with the help of Junior Point Guard, DJ Stewart, with his 13 points and multiple assists.

“This was the game we’ve been waiting for after we loss to them in a tournament game we knew we had to bounce back from the loss and get the district win,” DJ Stewart said.”

The Broncos played great offense and even better defense.  Junior Guard, Braelon Joe, had 11 points and also played solid defense making it tough on his opponents.

“I knew I had to shutdown their key scorer Javante Hopkins. He is pretty good of a player and we just communicated as a team and played the assignments we practiced,” Joe said.

Other players who contributed in the big time victory were Senior, small forward, Erick Young, and Junior, power forward, Danny McAdory, who both had 10 points. Senior guard, Ariel Mauricio, had 9 points getting the Broncos the win over the Tigers 67-65.

By P.R.